These cancellation policies are standard in the medical and mental health fields and will be strictly enforced. On occasion, there will be understandable reasons for missing appointments, but exceptions to this policy will be rare.
Cancellation Policies for Counseling Sessions
Reason for these policies: Notifying me of your intention to cancel or reschedule 24 hours ahead gives me a chance to schedule someone else for that time slot. As much advance notice as possible is always appreciated. Please make any cancellations using the following contact information. Otherwise, I may not get your notification promptly and will consider it a late cancellation:
- MORE than 24 hours in advance: Email [email protected]
- LESS than 24 hours in advance phone 231.660.1017 and leave a detailed voice or text message
* Cancelling with LESS than 24 hour notice: you will be charged for the missed appointment.
* Not showing for a scheduled appointment: you will be charged for the missed appointment.
* Arriving late WITH notification: If you notify me, even a few minutes ahead of time by calling or texting the number above, your appointment time will be held for you giving you the time which remains in that hour. As long as you arrive within your scheduled hour, you will not be charged for a missed appointment.
* Arriving late WITHOUT notification: I will wait for you for 15 minutes. After that time, I will assume you are not coming and I may leave the office. In such a case, you will be charged for a missed appointment.
Occasionally, clients choose to pre-pay for sessions. No-show appointments will be deducted from your remaining balance. If you fail to schedule (or reschedule) a pre-paid session, your payment may be forfeited 45 days after last contact. Exceptions to this policy are rare.
NSF Check policy: Bounced checks will be subject to a returned check fee of $30. See below for more details
If you have any questions about these policies discuss them with me prior to the start of us working together.
NSF (Returned) Check Fees
I understand that most people bounce checks by accident.
When checks have to be returned for non-sufficient funds (NSF), it is made worse by the bank fees incurred on both sides. In order to be able to recoup the fees charged by my bank, The Path to Partnership will impose a RETURNED CHECK FEE OF $30 for NSF checks. This covers the fee charged by the bank as well as a service charge for collection time. This is a standard business practice.
When I am notified by my bank, I will notify you via email (or phone if no email has been provided). The returned check fee will be charged to your account and must be paid within 10 days of this notification or further action will be necessary.
If you have a session scheduled within those 10 days, your account must be made current (i.e. the full amount of the payment owed for the past session as well as the $30 fee) before the scheduled session can begin.
- Reminder: if you do not give 24 hours notice for canceling your appoinment, you will be charged for the missed session (see above Cancellation Policies)
If you do not have a session scheduled within those 10 days, you must make repayment arrangements to ensure the full payment is made within the 10 days.
- No further appointments can be scheduled until your account is made current or unless payment is made in advance.
If the full payment is not received within 10 days, your credit/debit card on file will be charged on the 10th day.
The best thing to do if your check bounces is to stay in communication; I am willing to work with you, if you will work with me.
If you have any questions about these policies, or wish to make repayment arrangements, please contact Caren.
CLICK HERE to make your account current via credit card (Please Note: there is a credit card processing fee of $5)
Your Session Fee + Returned Check fee $30 + Credit Card Processing Fee $5 = Total due